NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Food Service Specialist
Who we are
We are Tavola Italian Market, your neighborhood specialized Italian market. You can shop from our curated fine selection of Italian products, and enjoy our homemade delicious paninis and salads. You can rent our backyard to celebrate your private event, and we take care of your catering by creating delicious charcuterie, cheese, and vegetable platters, and more. We’re a family-owned business. We're growing, learning, and overflowing with energy.
What we’re looking for
Our mission is to provide incredible service helping our customers to feel welcome while shopping in our shop. As a part of our Tavola team, you will greet our customers, take their orders when needed, assist them, create paninis, salads, and platters to serve customers throughout the day while building rapport and giving them a reason to return.
Job Skills and Requirements
• Provide excellent customer service. You will often be speaking directly to the customer. Good listening skills, speaking and communicating calmly, effectively, and in a friendly manner, and patience will serve you well. You are comfortable with answering the phone and taking orders
• Our shops get busy quickly. You are reliable, punctual, and can show up ready to work. Take and prepare customer orders accurately and on time
• Maintain store appearance throughout the day by stocking, refilling, and rotating product
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions
• Performs food preparation functions. You will need to learn and prepare paninis, salads, platters, coffee, hot chocolate (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients)
• You need to be willing to wash dishes and utensils, clean and sanitize surfaces, floor care, and equipment like slicer, air fryer, oven, etc
Great to have
• Have worked in something similar to a restaurant, market, café, cheese shop, bakery, deli, etc.
• You are a fast learner, open-minded, and willing to learn
What we offer you
• Pay Rate: $15.50/hour + depending on experience
• Variable days and shift times. Ideally morning shifts. May include rotating weekends.
• Employee discounts
• Week Days – Morning shift (preferred)
• Weekends (preferred)
• Midday shift
• US work authorization
• Covid 19 fully vaccinated
If this job listing appeals to you, please send an email with resume to Miriam Troconis at email@example.com